ENERGY STAR products are independently certified to save energy without sacrificing features or functionality. Saving energy helps prevent climate change. Look for the ENERGY STAR label to save money on your energy bills and help protect our environment.
Improving your home's energy efficiency with ENERGY STAR can help to lower high energy bills, improve comfort and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Learn about the many ways to save in your home and track your progress with "My ENERGY STAR" - your new dashboard to savings.
A new home that has earned the ENERGY STAR label has undergone a process of inspections, testing, and verification to meet strict requirements set by the US EPA. ENERGY STAR certified homes use 15-30% less energy than typical new homes while delivering better comfort, quality, and durability.
Improve financial performance and reduce carbon emissions with EPA's strategic energy management approach.
Momentum, LLC is the second largest home energy rater in Idaho, helping make this state one of the top-performers in the Northwest in 2010. Momentum is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its outstanding commitment to providing verification services for ENERGY STAR qualified homes. Key accomplishments include:
· Verifying more than 440 homes and partnering with 48 new builders since July 2008.
· Promoting the construction of ENERGY STAR qualified new homes to builders, in partnership with BuildIdaho.com, through an innovative marketing campaign that includes posting videos such as "ENERGY STAR Home of the Week" and "ENERGY STAR Tip of the Week" on its website.
· Encouraging two of the largest builders in Idaho to commit to building 100 percent ENERGY STAR qualified homes.
· Training realtors about the benefits of purchasing a home that has earned the ENERGY STAR and providing realtors with information to help educate potential homebuyers.
· Partnering with Habitat for Humanity affiliates in Boise Valley and Canyon County to provide verification services for the construction of ENERGY STAR qualified homes.