Pella Corporation is a leader in designing, testing, manufacturing, and installing quality windows and doors for new construction, remodeling, and replacement applications. Pella is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to making ENERGY STAR qualified windows available to consumers and for outstanding promotional efforts. Key accomplishments include:
· Growing its ENERGY STAR qualified product sales to 98 percent of total sales in 2010, a 1 percent increase over 2009.
· Continuing to offer 100 percent of its product line as either ENERGY STAR qualified or able to be upgraded to ENERGY STAR.
· Continuing its outstanding promotion of the ENERGY STAR brand through labeling, training, sales and marketing, tradeshows and exhibits, public relations, and consumer/end-user education efforts--totaling more than 3 billion impressions in 2010 alone--a 50 percent increase over 2009.
· Continuing to develop new products and improve existing products to expand the ENERGY STAR qualified product selection throughout all four climate zones.
· Expanding cross-cutting environmental and energy efficiency efforts across the country, resulting in 6.3 million kWh saved and a reduction of more than 12,000 tons in greenhouse gas emissions.