TIAA-CREF is one of the largest institutional real estate investors in the nation with investments in Class A office space, multifamily units, retail properties, and other real estate asset types. TIAA-CREF is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for the organization's integration of ENERGY STAR tools, resources, and practices into its comprehensive energy management program. Key accomplishments include:
· Benchmarking 100 percent of its office and multifamily properties, and all wholly-owned retail properties, using Portfolio Manager--including both energy and water.
· Reducing energy intensity in its office portfolio by 4.4 percent compared with the previous 12 months, for a total of 11.3 percent adjusted energy reduction since 2006, the baseline year.
· Achieving a 10.3 percent adjusted energy reduction across the multifamily portfolio since the 2007 baseline.
· Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 86 buildings one or more times since 1999.
· Leveraging EPA's Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR campaign to distribute free CFLs to tenants for 3 consecutive years.
· Promoting ENERGY STAR and the benefits of energy efficiency to employees, property managers, tenants, and the real estate industry via speaking engagements, ENERGY STAR communication initiatives, strategic partnerships, and presentations.