Nissan North America, Inc. is the manufacturing headquarters for two vehicle assembly plants and one powertrain plant in the United States and two assembly plants in Mexico, along with marketing, sales, and distribution operations. The company is guided by a corporate vision to promote sustainability and takes active steps to minimize the impacts of its business on the environment. Participation in ENERGY STAR has helped Nissan strengthen its energy management efforts and supports its focus on continuous improvement of energy performance. Nissan is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for the achievements of its energy management program and continued leadership in promoting energy efficiency among diverse audiences. Key accomplishments include:
· Improving enterprise energy intensity by 13 percent in 2010.
· Earning the ENERGY STAR for both of its U.S. assembly plants and corporate headquarters building. The company maintains the annual goal of achieving an ENERGY STAR energy efficiency score within the top quartile nationally for these plants.
· Mentoring and sharing best practices with other ENERGY STAR partners, and demonstrating how to build a corporate culture on energy efficiency.
· Leveraging ENERGY STAR effectively to increase energy awareness among employees and the communities in which Nissan operates.
· Assisting suppliers to improve their energy performance by providing ENERGY STAR tools and resources and promoting participation in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry.
· Providing technical assistance and a professional engineer's certification to enable the first three schools in Mississippi to earn the ENERGY STAR.