4070 Trident Road
Three Forks, MT 59752
The Trident plant is located in South Central Montana near the confluences of the Gallatin, Jefferson and Madison Rivers, which are the headwaters of the Missouri River.
In 1805 Meriwether Lewis noted in his journal entries the exceptional quality of limestone. Dan A. Morrison recognized the cement making potential of the surrounding geography and purchased 150 acres in 1907. In 1910, construction of the Three Forks Portland Cement Company's plant was complete and cement began being produced and shipped. A town, originally named Cementville, sprouted around the plant.
Today, the Trident plant produces various Portland and blended cements used in many of the regional construction projects, including, but not limited to: Holter Dam, Morony Dam, Heart Mountain project in Wyoming, Fort Peck Dam, Grand Coulee Dam, and Polson Dam.
Trident achieved two significant milestones in 2010 - it celebrated its 100 year anniversary and earned the ENERGY STAR for the first time. Trident continually strives to lower both electrical and fuel consumption in all processes. Trident integrates actions of general electrical usage defined in lighting systems and compressed air studies. Energy savings opportunities and actions are captured by a recently formulated Energy Team.
Trident has lowered electrical consumption by 7.34% Year-to-Date (YTD) 2010 from 2009.