The Marine Corps' oldest West Coast Installation trains nearly 21,000 male recruits annually and is also the home to the 12th Marine Corps Recruiting District, Drill Instructor School, and Recruiter School. The Depot is as a symbol of the Marine Corps coming of age as a distinct branch of the military. The Depot is an example of the work of master architect Bertram Goodhue. The first buildings were completed in 1920. Today, the Depot consists of 388 acres, including a 110-acre historic district. Twenty-five of the 37 buildings within the District are listed on National Register of Historic Places.
Every year, we ask partners to renew their commitment: Join the 2013–2014 Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR Campaign now!
|Greenhouse Gas Emissions (lbs.)||0|
This organization is a member of Department of Defense that is also participating in the pledge. See Department of Defense's progress too!
|# of Pledges||850|
|# of Bulbs||2,668|
|Energy Savings||752,376 kWh|
|*Greenhouse Gas||1,091,212 lbs.|
* pounds of emissions prevented