Recognize Achievements and Build on Your Successes
Providing and seeking recognition for energy management achievements is a proven step for sustaining momentum and support for your customers' energy programs. ENERGY STAR brings credibility to your customers' commitment to energy efficiency and the environment, making your customers more attractive to their clients, business partners, employees, investors, and the public.
Recognition awarded to SPPs for success in working with customers also distinguishes your company from your competition. ENERGY STAR recognition earns you a solid reputation as a provider of energy efficiency services, giving your organization an advantage in retaining and attracting customers.
Use ENERGY STAR
Portfolio Manager and the Energy Performance Indicators (EPI) can help you to do the following:
Help your customers earn recognition and grow with ENERGY STAR (3MB).
- Earn the ENERGY STAR for customer buildings and plants.
- Apply for the ENERGY STAR for commercial buildings and eligible manufacturing plants that achieve an Energy Performance Rating of 75 or higher.
- Use the Licensed Professionals Directory to help customers find a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect who has performed the required verifications for buildings that have earned the ENERGY STAR.
- Help customers create and post a Building Profile, highlighting the steps taken to make their facilities more energy efficient.
- Provide customers with a press release template to announce their ENERGY STAR buildings and plants .
- Ensure that energy performance is maintained in customer facilities. Continue to benchmark, and re-apply for the ENERGY STAR each year.
- Help customers to become an ENERGY STAR Leader by benchmarking their entire portfolio of buildings and demonstrating continuous improvement in organization-wide energy performance.
- Encourage exemplary customers to apply for the annual Partner of the Year Award which recognizes companies for outstanding energy management, and for communicating the energy efficiency message to other audiences.
- Create an internal recognition program within your customers' organization to reinforce the value of energy efficiency and motivate employees towards greater improvements. Get ideas from the Teaming Guide (622KB) and the Challenge Toolkit.
- Review achievements, and develop a next-steps implementation plan. Offer continued operations & maintenance services or your next tier of services and products to customers in order to facilitate continuous energy improvement.
Earn recognition for your own company.
- Apply for the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award for SPPs. This award honors SPPs that help customers to succeed in strategically managing energy use.
- Become a Featured SPP of the Quarter for your innovative program and commitment to delivering energy efficiency to customers. Recipients are prominently displayed on the ENERGY STAR Web site and Success Stories Web page for the entire quarter.
- Gain recognition from EPA when you help customers to improve the Energy Performance Rating of a facility by 10 points or more. Notify your ENERGY STAR account manager of your success to receive a 10-Point Recognition Certificate suitable for framing.
- Post Success Stories to share your best practices, lessons learned, and energy performance achievements. Show potential customers that you can help them improve their energy performance.
- Get recognized before your peers in the "Spotlight on Achievements" section of the quarterly SPP newsletter, ENERGY STAR News: Service and Product Provider Edition, distributed to thousands of SPP companies nationwide.
- Create an internal recognition program to reward successes of your own staff in helping customers.
- Share news of your successes to employees to build enthusiasm and morale!
ENERGY STAR Resources
Leverage your successes to further build your business and elevate your public image.
- Enhance your visibility within the ENERGY STAR community as a successful, active ENERGY STAR SPP partner. Help prospect customers within the ENERGY STAR community to more easily identify your expertise.
- Get listed in the List of Most Active SPPs by engaging in ENERGY STAR activity and delivering energy excellence to customers.
- If a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect in your organization has verified a building that has earned the ENERGY STAR, the individual and your company can become listed in the online Licensed Professionals Directory to bring your company more business.
- Gain access to opportunities to demonstrate your expertise by presenting to industry peers and potential customers in ENERGY STAR sponsored panels, Webinars, networking meetings and through published articles.
- Elevate your profile beyond the ENERGY STAR partner-base. Leverage your ENERGY STAR successes to win business and draw more customers to make a commitment to energy efficiency, furthering your competitive advantage and expanding the market for your products and services.
- Communicate your successes on your company Web site, through newsletters, and in annual reports to inform current and prospective customers of your commitment and expertise.
- Continue to leverage ENERGY STAR co-branded marketing materials. Supplement those materials with case studies of your successes.
- Stay engaged with ENERGY STAR by visiting the SPP Web site and staying in touch with your account manager for up-to-date marketing opportunities and resource offerings that can help you to continue building your business.