Obtaining ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013 Recognition
Boilers, Ceiling Fans, Clothes Washers, Computer Monitors, Refrigerator-Freezers, TVs, and Ventilating Fans
EPA will highlight boilers, ceiling fans, clothes washers, computer monitors, refrigerator-freezers, televisions, and ventilating fans recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013 at www.energystar.gov/mostefficient. EPA will provide the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013 designation and usage guidelines to ENERGY STAR partners with recognized products. EPA will invite partners to share product photographs and descriptions to appear on the Web.
HVAC: Central Air Conditioners, Air-Source Heat Pumps, Furnaces, & Geothermal Heat Pumps
For all HVAC product categories except boilers, partners must apply for recognition in order for EPA to verify the communications/system status requirements. Since the recognition criteria have not changed, HVAC products recognized in 2012 need not be resubmitted. HVAC partners interested in receiving recognition for new products in 2013 are asked to take the following steps:
- Ensure you are an ENERGY STAR partner in good standing.
- Ensure product performance has been certified with an EPA-recognized certification body. As with all ENERGY STAR qualified products, ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013 recognized products must be certified.
- Confirm model(s) meets applicable recognition criteria. Review the recognition requirements and confirm that model(s) is eligible for 2013 recognition. Inform EPA of your interest in having your product recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013 by submitting to email@example.com a description of the product that includes the following information:
- Brand, base model number and all derivative models (if applicable);
- For CAC, ASHP and GSHP, please provide installation and maintenance manuals for the system using an appropriate controller, confirming communications, system status and automated configuration capability. Documentation associated with the controller is acceptable, if it can be associated with specific HVAC equipment models submitted for recognition. For ductless split air conditioners and heat pumps, please provide installation and maintenance manuals.
- Product description for use on ENERGY STAR Most Efficient website (i.e., key features and functionalities). The first 50 words will be displayed beside the product photo; additional text will link to a separate Web page;
- Product photo in a jpg file of at least 200 pixels for the Web; for CAC. ASHP and GHP, this should include a picture of the appropriate system controller; and
- EPA-recognized certification body name and date of product certification.
For residential windows, partners must apply for recognition to allow EPA to verify that product lines meet the recognition criteria (271KB). ENERGY STAR Windows partners interested in receiving recognition in 2013 should take the following steps:
- Ensure you are an ENERGY STAR product manufacturer partner in good standing. Check your status by searching for your company in the ENERGY STAR Partner Directory.
- Confirm that your product lines are listed in the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) Certified Products Directory (CPD) and meet the Most Efficient 2013 recognition criteria (271KB).
- Confirm that selected product lines are currently available for sale and can be ordered.
- Download the Most Efficient Windows Application and complete the Contact Information and Product Line worksheets according to the instructions.
In the Product Line worksheet, provide the following information for each product line that you wish to have recognized:
- Product line name as it is sold and/or marketed to consumers
- NFRC CPD number of the product line (for example, ABC-Z-15)
- Operator type
- Frame material
- Minimum and maximum U-factor and SHGC from among the eligible options
- Climate zones in which the eligible product options qualify for ENERGY STAR
- North American Fenestration Standard/Specification (NAFS) Performance Grade (AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440)
- For each product line, provide the NAFS test report cover sheet containing the following information:
- Manufacturer name
- Product line name
- Operator type
- Frame material
- NAFS Performance Grade.
- Name the NAFS test report cover sheet file as follows: Manufacturer Name_Product Line CPD Number.pdf
- To facilitate processing, please name the application workbook as follows: ME2013_Manufacturer Name_MM-DD-YY.xlsx
- E-mail the application workbook and associated NAFS test report cover sheet files as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Most Efficient 2013 Application" in the subject line.
- EPA will provide the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013 designation and usage guidelines to ENERGY STAR partners with recognized products after the application has been processed.