ENERGY STAR 2013 Race to Denver
Toolkit for Organizations Promoting the Race
The Toolkit can help your organization promote energy efficiency and encourage members and customers to participate in the ENERGY STAR Race to Denver leading up to the 2013 AIA National Convention.
The Race to Denver Regions
The Criteria for the Race
- The country is divided into three regions to encompass a variety of climate zones, organizations, and businesses to level the playing field for the Race participants. The regions (shown on map) are the Wild West, Big Easy Central and East Coast.
- Each region receives one point for every design project that receives Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR certification. Points are awarded based on the project’s location designated by zip code.
- EPA will automatically include all projects in the Race to Denver that:
- achieve Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR
- postmarked by May 10, 2013
- The region with the most projects submitted by the deadline wins the Race to Denver! EPA also will recognize the organizations, businesses, and A/E firms in the winning region at the AIA convention.