News and Events
2013 Annual Report Video
Check out the HPwEs recorded webinar on the 2013 Annual Report findings. The HPwES team analyzed about 7,000 data points across 49 sponsors, revealing interesting findings with regard to energy saving, cost per project and other program attributes. The webinar details some of these findings and reveals the HPwES Sponsor Profile.
This analysis is offered in “as is” condition with the accuracy of the underlying data set being the sole responsibility of the organizations furnishing such data to DOE. In its analysis, DOE identified: variance in respondents’ interpretations of questions posed and variations in methods and tracking systems used to capture the source data.
ACI Conference Session Slides Now Available
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Sponsors and Participating Contractors Earn National Recognition with Annual Awards
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR honors program participants for their exceptional contributions to the national program by recognizing Program Sponsors with ENERGY STAR Awards and participating contractors with Century Club Contractor Awards. This year, DOE is proud to recognize nine Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Sponsors and 180 Century Club Contractor Award winners as standouts among the national program’s 48 local Sponsors and more than 2,100 participating contractors.
Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award (130K) winners continue to exhibit exceptional leadership year after year in the ENERGY STAR program while remaining dedicated to environmental protection through superior energy efficiency. These winners have reduced greenhouse gas emissions by setting and achieving aggressive goals, and employing innovative energy efficiency approaches. These awards recognize ongoing leadership across the ENERGY STAR program, including energy-efficient products, services, new homes, and buildings in the commercial, industrial, and public sectors:
- Austin Energy, Texas
- Focus on Energy, Wisconsin
- New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, Office of Clean Energy, New Jersey
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), New York
Partner of the Year Award (127K) recognizes organizations that have demonstrated leadership and best practices in implementing energy efficiency program and/or program portfolios that incorporate Home Performance with ENERGY STAR as a key strategy. The goal of this award is to recognize comprehensive, high-performing energy efficiency programs and/or portfolios that have directly leveraged ENERGY STAR to achieve (or to be positioned to achieve) significant impact in the marketplace advancing energy efficiency and related greenhouse gas emission reduction objectives:
- Consumers Energy, Michigan
- Entergy New Orleans, Louisiana
- Illinois Energy Office at the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Illinois
Excellence in Program Delivery Award (121K) recognizes Sponsors who have exceled in their efforts to offer Home Performance with ENERGY STAR in their market. These organizations distinguish themselves through their use of ENERGY STAR tools, strategies and resources as an effective approach to delivering near-term program results while also effectively overcoming market barriers:
- Dominion East Ohio, Ohio
- The Energy Efficiency Fund, Connecticut
Century Club Award winners used a whole-house approach to improve the energy performance of more than 100 homes in the past year and successfully fulfilled the requirements of their local Home Performance with ENERGY STAR programs. View the 2013 winners.
National Program Releases Sponsor Guide and Reference Manual v1.5
On March 18, 2014, The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program released the Sponsor Guide and Reference Manual (v1.5) (Sponsor Guide), a technical operations guide for the national Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program. Developed from over a year of extensive program evaluation and stakeholder engagement, the Sponsor Guide provides a platform for implementing a whole house approach for achieving energy efficiency and improved overall performance in homes.
The Sponsor Guide will be of interest to new and existing program Sponsors, as well as utilities, states, municipalities, financial institutions, nonprofit organizations, and other companies and organizations that promote energy efficiency and renewable energy and are currently considering program participation.
Questions or comments? Email email@example.com.
Participating Contractors Honored at U.S. Department of Energy Housing Innovation Awards
The first-ever U.S. Department of Energy Housing Innovation Awards , presented at the 2013 Solar Decathlon in Irvine, Calif., recognized the very best in innovation on the path to zero net-energy ready homes. The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) Program is proud to recognize four participating contractors for their achievements in Customer Relations, Energy Savings, Market Leadership or Sales & Marketing:
- Energy Efficiencies Solutions for innovations in Customer Relations and Market Leadership, Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund
- Halco for innovations Market Leadership, Energy Savings, and Sales & Marketing, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
- Insulation Technologies for innovations in Customer Relations and Energy Savings, Focus on Energy
- Powersmith for innovations in Market Leadership, Energy Savings, and Sales & Marketing, Long Island Power Authority and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
The award winners demonstrated innovative business practices that marked them as leaders among their peers and are recognized for taking measured risks and unique approaches to realize success in their local HPwES markets.
2014-2015 Industry Events
- 2014 ACI Chesapeake Regional Home Performance Conference , June 10-11, Rockville, MD
- 2014 ASHRAE Annual Conference , June 28-July 2, Seattle, WA
- AESP’s Summer Conference & Expo (126K) , Aug. 4-6, San Francisco, CA
- ACEEE Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings , August 17-22, Pacific Grove, CA
- 11th Annual CEE Industry Partners Meeting , September 17-18, Salt Lake City, UT
- ACCA 2014 Building Performance Forum and Service Managers Forum , October 9-10, Charlotte, NC
- 2014 ACI New England Regional Home Performance Conference , October 15-16, Springfield, MA
- 2015 Midwest Energy Solutions , Jan. 28-30, Chicago, IL
- 2015 ACI Northwest Regional Home Performance Conference, February 2-4, Seattle, WA
- RESNET 2015 Building Performance Conference , February 16-18, San Diego, CA
- AESP’s 25th National Conference & Expo (257K) , Feb. 9-12, Orlando, FL
- ACCA 2015 The Building Solutions Conference for Indoor Environment Contractors , March 16-19, Grapevine, TX
- 2015 National ACI Conference , May 5-7, New Orleans, LA
Would you like to see your organization's home performance conference or event listed here? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with event details.