Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
News and Events
Participating Contractors Honored at U.S. Department of Energy Housing Innovation Awards
The first-ever U.S. Department of Energy Housing Innovation Awards , presented at the 2013 Solar Decathlon in Irvine, Calif., recognized the very best in innovation on the path to zero net-energy ready homes. The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) Program is proud to recognize four participating contractors for their achievements in Customer Relations, Energy Savings, Market Leadership or Sales & Marketing:
- Energy Efficiencies Solutions for innovations in Customer Relations and Market Leadership, Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund
- Halco for innovations Market Leadership, Energy Savings, and Sales & Marketing, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
- Insulation Technologies for innovations in Customer Relations and Energy Savings, Focus on Energy
- Powersmith for innovations in Market Leadership, Energy Savings, and Sales & Marketing, Long Island Power Authority and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
The award winners demonstrated innovative business practices that marked them as leaders among their peers and are recognized for taking measured risks and unique approaches to realize success in their local HPwES markets.
Draft Sponsor Guide and Reference Manual (v1.5) Released for Public Comment
The U.S. Dept. of Energy (DOE) requests Program Sponsors and stakeholders review the draft HPwES Sponsor Guide and Reference Manual v1.5 (1.3MB) and provide comments by Thursday, July 18, 2013. In response to the need for greater clarity of HPwES Program requirements, DOE updated and restructured the Sponsor Guide. DOE is interested in hearing comments on all aspects of the Sponsor Guide including: format, usability, readability, content, and whether it provides a clear, meaningful definition of HPwES.
Stakeholders are encouraged to submit comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, July 18, 2013. Comments can be submitted in a variety of formats: emails, attached Word documents, PDFs, or discussions over the phone. Download the Sponsor Guide (1.3MB).
HPwES Presented at the 2013 ACI National Home Performance Conference
The HPwES Team presented at the 2013 ACI National Home Performance Conference held in Denver, Colo., April 29-May 3, 2013. Check out our presentations below and send your feedback to email@example.com.
- "Privatizing QA: Opportunities, Options, & Opinions," (1.6MB) presented by Courtney Moriarta and Kevin Powell, defined quality assurance in the context of HPwES and introduced a new pathway to achieve quality for work performed in a home performance program.
- "Understanding the Core Requirements of Home Performance with ENERGY STAR," (1.8MB) presented by Ely Jacobsohn, Caroline Hazard and Courtney Moriarta, outlined the core requirements for participation in HPwES and the upcoming changes to be implemented in v1.5.
- "Initiatives to Evolve Home Performance with ENERGY STAR: Building a Scalable Approach," (429KB) presented by Ely Jacobsohn and Karen Hamilton, program manager of NYSERDA's HPwES program, engaged HPwES Sponsors in a discussion about the future of the HPwES program and research pilot initiatives.
- HPwES Contractor Forum, (323KB) facilitated by Ely Jacobsohn, Jason Bogovich and Caroline Hazard, explored options to create new business opportunities for HPwES Program participants in the HVAC, HP, insulation and weatherization industries.
2013–2014 Industry Events
- Behavior, Energy and Climate Change (BECC) Conference , November 18–20, Sacramento, CA
- 2013 ACI Regional Home Performance Conference , November 18–20, La Jolla, CA
- GreenBuild International Conference and Expo , November 20–22, Philadelphia, PA
- 2014 ACI Regional Home Performance Conference , February 11–12, 2014, Saratoga Springs, NY
- 2014 RESNET Building Performance Conference , February 24–26, 2014, Atlanta, GA
- ACCA 2014 and IE3: The Indoor Environment & Energy Expo , March 17–20, 2014, Nashville, TN
- 2014 ACI National Home Performance Conference , April 28-May 2, 2014, Detroit, MI
- ACEEE Summer Study , August 17–22, 2014, Pacific Grove, CA
Would you like to see your organization's home performance conference or event listed here? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with event details.