Join as a Sponsor
Joining the national Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program can add value to your organization and support local energy efficiency goals. Sponsors can access a variety of resources to aid in the implementation and growth of local HPwES programs. Sponsors receive:
- Program Support with assistance, development, execution and marketing of your local HPwES program, in addition to account management services, marketing materials, regional program collaboration and resources from the Better Buildings Residential Solutions Center.
- Branding: Utilize the ENERGY STAR mark, which continues to be a powerful tool to promote energy efficiency programs to homeowners because it is a trusted and widely recognized name. Research shows Americans are increasingly able to recognize the ENERGY STAR mark, 87 percent of American homeowners recognize the mark with 73% indicating that the label influenced their purchasing decision in the past year.*
- Recognition for involvement in Home Performance with ENERGY STAR on resources such as the Find a Program map, and opportunities to be honored with the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year and annual Century Club Contractor Awards and DOE’s Housing Innovation Awards for participating contractors.
- Confidence in leveraging a federal government-defined national platform for a whole-house approach to home improvement, coordination with standards development organizations, Building America research and access to the Home Energy Score program.
- National Impact: Opportunities to partner with DOE to explore new opportunities, streamlined approaches, and cost-cutting measures to scale the home performance market.
What is the Role of a Sponsor?
A Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Sponsor is responsible for adhering to the requirements presented in the Sponsor Guide and Reference Manual (v1.5) (7.3MB). Sponsors oversee local program implementation, including managing the performance of participating contractors to ensure that quality standards are met.
Visit the Sponsor Guide and Reference Manual v.1.5 (7.3MB) to learn more about Sponsor responsibilities and requirements for joining the national Program.
Why Sponsor a Program?
Organizations that typically sponsor Home Performance with ENERGY STAR programs include utilities, states, municipalities, financial institutions and non-profit organizations that promote energy efficiency and renewable energy. Visit the interactive Sponsor map to find local programs.
- Utilities: Home Performance with ENERGY STAR can help utilities meet Public Utility Commission energy efficiency and renewable energy mandates, deliver peak demand reductions, delay or avoid energy supply investments, and provide the opportunity to consolidate program delivery to residential customers. A mature Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program can achieve a cost of conserved energy of $0.05/kWh.
- State and local governments: By sponsoring a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program, state and local governments can provide a platform to improve the local workforce as well as help residents achieve greater comfort and energy savings for their homes.
- Financial institutions: Energy efficiency goes to the heart of helping state and housing finance agencies fulfill their missions. Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is a pathway for housing finance agencies interested in developing tools, resources, products and programs to help homeowners reduce their energy consumption and utility bills.
- Energy nonprofits: Nonprofits use the highly recognizable and credible ENERGY STAR mark to market their programs. By joining with the national Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program, these organizations can link to regional collaboratives, success stories that focus on sustainability and enhancement, and resources to support growing programs in unique local markets.
- Review the Sponsor Guide and Reference Manual v1.5 (7.3MB) to ensure your organization can meet the requirements to offer a local Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program.
- Download the ENERGY STAR partner packet, including the partnership requirements (152KB) and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Implementation Plan Template (799KB) and submit to email@example.com.
Not quite sure how to get started? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.* National Awareness of ENERGY STAR® for 2012: Analysis of CEE Household Survey