STEP 6.1: Measure Results
Gather energy use data and compare results to goals to determine accomplishments.
Key steps in measuring results include:
Gather tracking data
- Review energy use and cost data (capital and operating expenses).
- Organize reports and data from tracking and monitoring efforts.
- Analyze energy efficiency achievements based on your established performance metrics. (See earlier Assess Performance and Set Goals sections.)
- Compare energy performance to baselines.
- Compare performance against established goals for:
- environmental performance
- financial savings.
- Compare energy performance to peers and competitors to establish a relative understanding of where your performance ranks.
Use Portfolio Manager or the ENERGY STAR Energy Performance Indicators (EPIs) to rate the current energy performance your facility against similar facilities. Or, if you’ve built a new building, compare your design’s target energy performance from Target Finder with the building’s actual energy performance score.