Residential Light Fixtures for Consumers
(Are you a partner? For Partners)
By replacing the five most frequently used light fixtures in your home with ENERGY STAR qualified models, you can save $70 each year in energy costs. Light fixtures that have earned the ENERGY STAR combine quality and attractive design with the highest levels of energy efficiency available today.
Examples of ENERGY STAR Qualified Fixtures
Earning the Government's ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR Qualified Fixtures:
- Use 1/4 the energy of traditional lighting.
- Save money on energy bills and bulb replacements, with bulbs that must last at least 10,000 hours (about seven years of regular use).
- Distribute light more efficiently and evenly than standard fixtures.
- Come in hundreds of decorative styles including portable fixtures — such as table, desk and floor lamps — and hard-wired options such as front porch, dining room, kitchen ceiling and under-cabinet, hallway ceiling and wall, bathroom vanity fixtures, and more
- Deliver convenient features such as dimming on some indoor models and automatic daylight shut-off and motion sensors on outdoor models.
- Can be found at most home centers, lighting showrooms, and specialty stores.
- Carry a two year warranty — double the industry standard.
Remember, saving energy prevents pollution. When you use less energy at home, you lessen greenhouse gas emissions in our atmosphere. If every home in America completely replaced the five light fixtures they use most with ENERGY STAR qualified models, we would collectively prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of nearly 10 million cars.