ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package
Lighting the Way to a Better World.
What is the ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package (ALP)?
An ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package designation identifies homes equipped with a comprehensive set of ENERGY STAR qualified light fixtures. With an Advanced Lighting Package installed, homebuyers can expect to save energy and money through reduced lighting operating costs — while sacrificing nothing for aesthetics! ENERGY STAR qualified fixtures are available in many designs and fixture-types, giving homeowners a wide range of choices to create just the right look for their home.
The Advanced Lighting Package designation applies to lighting packages, for new home construction, that consist of a minimum of 60% ENERGY STAR qualified hard-wired fixtures and 100% ENERGY STAR qualified ceiling fans where installed.
Benefits of the ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package
- Energy Bill Savings. You can save more than $170 per year in energy costs just by installing ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package. That's because ENERGY STAR qualified lighting uses about 75% less energy than standard models.
- Improved Quality. ENERGY STAR qualified light fixtures meet strict EPA guidelines for energy efficiency and quality, producing warm, long-lasting light without slow starts or annoying flicker or hum. Fixtures that have earned the ENERGY STAR come with a two-year warranty, double the industry standard. Qualified ceiling fans offer a minimum 30-year motor warranty and 2-year component warranties.
- Enhanced Comfort. ENERGY STAR qualified lighting generates about 75% less heat than standard incandescent lighting. This means they are cool to the touch, keep you more comfortable, and help reduce home cooling costs.
Install ENERGY STAR qualified ceiling fans and light kits, which together are 50% more energy-efficient than conventional fan/light units, and save even more while staying cool. Make sure to adjust the thermostat while using ceiling fans to save additional energy and money on your air conditioning costs.
- Environmental Protection. More than half of the electricity used in American homes is generated by burning coal. Lowering energy use at home helps prevent greenhouse gas emissions and air pollutants at the source. If every American home replaced its five most frequently used light fixtures with ENERGY STAR qualified models, together we'd prevent the greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions from nearly 10 million cars.
- Design Flexibility: There are thousands of ENERGY STAR qualified light fixtures to choose from. They are available in many styles and finishes and are suitable for every application in home. The Advanced Lighting Package requirements are designed to promote flexibility in fixture selections throughout the home.
ENERGY STAR Qualified Fixture Resources