Step 1: Modify your Procurement Language
Insert FAR clause 52.223-15 into contracts and solicitations and ensure ENERGY STAR and FEMP are referenced in the Statement of Work section.
Step 2: Educate your Vendors and Personnel
Ensure that your vendors and personnel are aware of your ENERGY STAR purchasing policy and understand the benefits of using energy efficient products. The ENERGY STAR program has tools for educating both the sellers and users of energy efficient technology:
- Use our template for communicating this policy to stakeholders.
- Arrange for an ENERGY STAR representative to conduct a webinar for your team, or participate in a “train the trainer” session so you can conduct the webinar yourself. Contact email@example.com to arrange these sessions.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in communicating the benefits of using ENERGY STAR products.
Step 3: Choose ENERGY STAR Products to Purchase
Step 4: Estimate your Potential Savings
Use ENERGY STAR Products savings calculators.
Step 5: Purchase ENERGY STAR Qualified Products
Take advantage of various purchasing vehicles that make it easy to buy ENERGY STAR. Examples include:
- The contract vehicle you developed in Step 1
- GSA’s Multiple Award Schedules that specify only ENERGY STAR products.
- The GSA Advantage! site can be filtered for only ENERGY STAR qualified products and is easily searchable.