This Policy applies to all the 3M operations.
The objectives of this policy are to improve energy consumption efficiency, reduce cost, optimize capital investment for energy efficiency, reduce environmental and greenhouse gas emissions, and conserve natural resources.
3M will promote the efficient use of energy to produce and deliver products and services to its customers.
- Improve energy efficiency continuously by establishing and implementing effective energy management programs worldwide that support manufacturing capabilities while providing a safe and comfortable work environment.
- Emphasize energy efficiency as a factor in product development and in process and facility design.
- Secure adequate and reliable energy supplies at the most advantageous rates and implement contingency plans to protect operations from energy supply interruptions.
- Encourage continuous energy conservation by employees in their work and personal activities.
- Drive further development of internal and external energy efficient and innovative technologies.
- Cooperate with governmental agencies and utility companies on energy programs.
- Support national energy efficiency policies.
Corporate EHS Committee, revised Nov. 2004