Ceiling Fans Key Product Criteria
- Specification defines residential ceiling fan airflow efficiency on a performance basis: cfm* of airflow per watt of power consumed by the motor and controls.
- Motor warranty provided must be a minimum of 30 years
- Component(s) warranty must be a minimum of one year
- Light kit warranty requirements are provided in the ENERGY STAR Luminaires (637KB) specification.
- Integral or attachable lighting, including separately sold ceiling fan light kits, must meet requirements provided in the ENERGY STAR Luminaires (637KB) specification. See specification (637KB) for specific requirements.
- Qualifying products must permit convenient consumer adjustment of fan speed, by means of one or more wall-mounted switch(es), a remote control, or readily accessible pull chains.
Criteria for ENERGY STAR Qualified Residential Ventilating Fans — Minimum Efficacy Levels
||Minimum Efficacy Level (cfm/W)
||At low speed, fans must have a minimum airflow of 1,250 CFM* and an efficiency of 155 cfm/W.
||At medium speed, fans must have a minimum airflow of 3,000 CFM* and an efficiency of 100 cfm/W.|
||At high speed, fans must have a minimum airflow of 5,000 CFM* and an efficiency of 75 cfm/W.|