Improve Energy and Water Efficiency
Below you will find resources to help you save energy and water with help from ENERGY STAR and WaterSense.
ENERGY STAR Resources
- Benchmark Energy Use
- Improve Energy Performance
- Prioritize and implement cost-saving measures.
- Learn from the successful practices of ENERGY STAR partners with the proven strategy outlined in the Guidelines for Energy Management.
- Browse the Tools and Resources Library to find financial value calculators, guidebooks, and information for improving efficiency from building design to operations and maintenance.
- Follow EPA's five-stage approach for identifying and prioritizing profitable upgrades using the Building Upgrade Manual.
- Engage tenants to help save energy.
- Find expert help.
- Learn from Others
- Follow these Models of Success and see how others have achieved impressive energy savings.
- Earn Recognition
- Earn ENERGY STAR Leaders recognition for reducing energy consumption by 10%, 20%, 30% or more across your building portfolio, or by achieving a portfolio average score of 75 or above.
- Apply for ENERGY STAR certification for buildings that receive an ENERGY STAR score of 75 or higher in Portfolio Manager!
Visit EPA's WaterSense® Program to find best management practices, WaterSense labeled products, and other resources to help save water and money.
Additional resources include:
Don't Forget Your Parking Garage!
Parking garages have enormous potential to quickly cut energy use: the 2011 winner reduced its consumption by more than 60 percent! Learn how to effectively reduce the energy use of your parking garage using the resources and case studies below.
- Find state, local, utility, and federal incentives and policies promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy using the U.S. Department of Energy's DSIRE Database .
- Case Studies
- Bi-level Induction Parking Garage Luminaire, University of California-Davis
- Bi-level Fluorescent Parking Garage Luminaires, University of California-Santa Barbara (544KB)
- Fluorescent Lighting, Fifth Street Towers, Minneapolis, MN (504KB)
- LED Lighting at American University, Washington D.C.
- LED Lighting at Logan International Airport Parking Structure, Boston, MA (215KB)
- LED Lighting in Municipal Parking Garage, Boulder, CO (156KB)
- LED Lighting at Convention Center Underground Parking Deck, Raleigh, NC (479KB)
- Wireless lighting controls at San Mateo County Parking Garage, San Mateo, CA (715KB)
- An in-depth energy analysis of the East Front Street Parking Structure, Missoula, MT