Mortgage Lenders: Getting Started as a Partner
Joining ENERGY STAR as a lender partner is a simple process whereby a lender completes, signs, and submits a Partnership Agreement (83KB) to EPA, and agrees to:
- Submit a copy of a home energy rating report used to write an Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) in order to activate access to ENERGY STAR's logos and listing on the ENERGY STAR Web site.
- Every 12 months submit copies of three home energy rating reports used to write three EEMs to maintain active partner status.
- Promote EEMs and ENERGY STAR on their Web sites or by distributing brochures or other marketing materials at local branches.
- Adhere to the ENERGY STAR Identity Guidelines and to the ENERGY STAR Web linking Policies.
- Report to EPA the number of EEMs written each year.
In exchange, EPA agrees to provide marketing support to help raise consumer awareness for ENERGY STAR and increase your profits.