ENERGY STAR for Homes Version 2.5 and 3
Policy Changes and Clarifications
It is expected that EPA will periodically revise the Version 3 guidelines during their implementation in response to partner questions and evolving standards (e.g., ENERGY STAR labeled product specifications, NAECA standards, model energy codes). The purpose of this revision process is to be responsive to partner questions, to disseminate policy changes in a consistent manner, and to adapt the program as needed for success. Revisions will be made on an as needed basis; however, it is expected that the guidelines will not be updated more frequently than every three months and that after a year of implementation, the updates will slow to every six months.
- Current Policy Record (379KB) — This document contains policy issues that were received and have been resolved since the last revision to the program documents, Revision 06, sometimes resulting in modifications that will be incorporated into the next revision of the program documents. It also contains unresolved issues pending resolution by EPA. This document was posted on December 31, 2012.
- Archive of Policy Record (1.2MB) — This document contains all resolved policy issues that have previously appeared in the Current Policy Record. This document was posted on December 31, 2012.
Revisions to Program Documents
- Revision 06 Tracking Document (132KB) — This document is a summary of the edits released on September 10, 2012 to the Revision 05 documents. EPA has also created a document which contains the Revision 06 highlights (60KB).
- Revision 05 Tracking Document (136KB) — This document is a summary of the edits released on January 15, 2012 to the Revision 04 documents. EPA has also created a document which contains the Revision 05 highlights (95KB).
- Revision 04 Tracking Document (159KB) — This document is a summary of the edits released on August 29, 2011 to the Revision 03 documents. EPA has also created a document which contains the Revision 04 highlights (52KB).
- Revision 03 Tracking Document (23KB) — On March 25, 2011, EPA modified the implementation timeline to allow homes permitted before April 1, 2011 to be qualified under Version 2 until December 31, 2011. No other changes were included in this Revision.
- Revision 02 Tracking Document (883KB) — This document is a summary of the edits released on February 7, 2011 to the Revision 01 documents
- December 1, 2010 Update (49KB) — EPA modified the treatment of basements as it relates to Benchmark Home Size and the Size Adjustment Factor in Version 2.5 and Version 3 (Revision 01) as well as the implementation dates for Version 2.5. Note that these changes have been formally incorporated into the Revision 02 program documents.
- Revision 01 Tracking Document (68KB) — This document is a summary of the edits released on October 18, 2010 to the original Version 3 program documents released on April 08, 2010.