New Homes Program Updates
Below is a list of communication that EPA has sent to ENERGY STAR for Homes Partners.
- Updated Policy Record Available: July 27, 2012 (67KB)
Informs partners of the release of an updated Policy Record containing three policy resolutions regarding the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes guidelines.
- New Consumer Materials Available: May 8, 2012 (103KB)
Announces a new ENERGY STAR Certified Homes consumer brochure and consumer fact sheets available for partner's use.
- Updated Policy Record Available: April 24, 2012 (56KB)
Informs partners of the release of an updated Policy Record containing two policy resolutions regarding the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes guidelines.
- Revisions to National, Florida, and California Guidelines Announcement: January 18, 2012 (180KB)
Informs partners of the release of Version 3, Revision 05 national program documents. EPA has also created a document which contains the Revision 05 highlights (95KB). This email also announces the release of the Version 3, Revision 02 California program documents and the Version 3, Revision 03 Florida program documents, which include changes adapted from Revision 05 of the national program documents.
- Updated Guidebooks and Inspection Checklist Slides Available: November 16, 2011 (245KB)
Announces the availability of updated guidebooks and inspection checklist slides aligned with the Version 3, Revision 04 program documents.
- Florida Version 3 Guidelines Revised: November 10, 2011 (247KB)
Informs partners of the release of Florida Version 3, Revision 02 program documents. Revision 02 removes Footnote 17; it does not include any other policy changes or clarifications.
- California Version 3 Guidelines Available: September 30, 2011 (247KB)
Informs partners of the release of California Version 3 program documents and implementation schedule.
- Florida Version 3 and 3.1 Guidelines Available: September 23, 2011 (246KB)
Informs partners of the release of Florida Version 3 and 3.1 program documents and implementation schedule.
- Revision 04 Training Material Updates Announcement: September 16, 2011 (45KB)
Announces the availability of updated training materials aligned with the Version 3, Revision 04 program documents.
- Revision 04 Announcement: August 29, 2011 (49KB)
Informs partners of the release of Version 3, Revision 04 program documents. EPA has also created a document which contains the Revision 04 highlights (52KB).
- Changes in Implementation Timeline: August 22, 2011 (48KB)
Informs partners of the changes to the implementation timeline for Version 2.5 and 3. These changes were finalized and included in Revision 04.
- Policy Record Announcement: July 25, 2011 (41KB)
Introduces a new technical resource, a record of the policy issues that have been received since the release of the last revision to the program documents, Revision 03.
- Revision 03 Announcement: April 8, 2011 (23KB)
Informs partners of the release of Version 3, Revision 03 program documents and training resources. Revision 03 formalizes the timeline change announced on March 25, 2011; it does not include any other policy changes or clarifications.
- March 2011 Timeline Update: March 25, 2011 (30KB)
Allows homes permitted before April 1, 2011 to be qualified under Version 2 until December 31, 2011.
- Revision 2 Announcement: February 8, 2011 (134KB)
Informs partners of the Release of Version 3, Revision 02, program documents and provides updates on training resources. EPA has also created a document which contains the Revision 02 highlights (410KB).
- Florida v2.5 Guidelines Notification: December 17, 2010 (134KB)
Provides details regarding ENERGY STAR Version 2.5 in Florida, which is a modified approach due to Florida’s advanced energy code.
- Update on ENERGY STAR Concept Home: December 13, 2010 (48KB)
Delays the launch of the Concept Home as they are working with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to align ENERGY STAR Concept Home with their Builder Challenge program.
- Priority ENERGY STAR for Homes Partner Update: December 1, 2010 (48KB)
Issues updates to several important implementation details for the new ENERGY STAR for Homes Version 3 guidelines, including delaying the implementation for v2.5 and clarifying that basements shall not be counted as conditioned space when determining a home’s Size Adjustment Factor.
- Update on ENERGY STAR Version 3 Checklist Field Guides: November 2, 2010 (43KB)
Explains that due to feedback received during the Version 3 Train the Trainer sessions, the Field Guides will be modified and Training Providers are encouraged to wait until the Guides are finalized, expected during the first quarter of 2011.
- Version 3 Update, Fall 2010: October 27, 2010 (154KB)
Informs partners about updates to the Version 3 document, provides a reminder about the new training requirements, clarifies the implementation schedule, and gives information about unique regional specifications.
- RESNET Proposes Quality Assurance Amendments to National Home Energy Rating Standards: July 30, 2010 (14KB)
Forwards a letter from Steve Baden of RESNET to ENERGY STAR partners notifying them of RESNET’s submission of proposed amendments to the quality assurance provisions of the Mortgage Industry National Home Energy Rating Standards for the standard amendment public review and comment process.
- Partner Resources and Required Training for Implementing ENERGY STAR for Homes Version 3: May 4, 2010 (42KB)
Clarifies the new partner resources that will be available for Version 3, including field guides and revised communication materials, in addition to explaining the new training requirements for Version 3 for builders, home energy raters, and HVAC contractors.
- ENERGY STAR Homes Version 3 Guidelines Now Available: April 19, 2010 (53KB)
Notifies partners that the new Version 3 guidelines are available online with links to program documents, EPA’s press release, and EPA’s responses to comments received during two comment periods.
- EPA Clarifies References to ENERGY STAR Windows Guidelines: January 13, 2010 (132KB)
Explains the new ENERGY STAR window specifications that went into effect January 1, 2011 will not be integrated into the Version 2 guidelines. However, the new ENERGY STAR window specifications will be integrated into the Version 3 guidelines.
- Newsletters Archive: 2007 — 2009