Many of us are already taking steps to be greener at home by choosing energy-efficient lighting, appliances, electronics, and heating and cooling systems. But what about going green…at work? Did you know that the energy we use during a typical day at work causes more than twice as many greenhouse gas emissions as driving to and from work?
, we've made a commitment to reduce our organization's environmental footprint. You are an important part of that commitment. Join us at <TIME, on DAY, MONTH X, in LOCATION> for a 40-minute brown bag session to find out how we can save energy, save money, and fight climate change when we "bring our green to work." ENERGY STAR®, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's program for superior energy efficiency, will show us how.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
Did you know that the U.S. manufacturing industry is responsible for nearly 30 percent of all U.S. greenhouse gas emissions? Saving energy not only helps protect the environment, it also saves money that can be spent on equipment, salaries, and other benefits. It's easy to save energy and fight climate change, once you know which easy steps to take.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How a manufacturing plant uses energy (non-technical version!)
- Why the U.S. manufacturing industry is so important in the fight against climate change
- Five easy steps you can take at work to save energy
- What you can do at home to save energy and money
- What our organization is doing on a larger scale to save energy and fight climate change
Small steps can make a big difference. And you can help! Let's "bring our green to work!"