ENERGY STAR qualified new and rebuilt refrigerated beverage vending machines can save building and business owners more than 1,700 kWh/year, or $150 annually on utility bills.
- New and rebuilt refrigerated beverage vending machines that have earned the ENERGY STAR are 50% more energy-efficient than standard machine models.
- ENERGY STAR qualified new and rebuilt vending machines incorporate more efficient compressors, fan motors, and lighting systems to keep beverages just as cold and the machine visible while using less energy.
- ENERGY STAR qualified new and rebuilt machines come with a low power mode option that allows the machine to be placed in low-energy lighting and/or low-energy refrigeration states during times of inactivity.
You may be interested to know that, according to the Consortium of Energy Efficiency, at least 25% of all rooftop HVAC units are oversized, resulting in increased energy costs and equipment wear. Properly sized equipment dramatically cuts energy costs, increases the life of the equipment, and reduces pollution.
- More About Rebuilt Machines
- Davis School District Case Study (77KB)
- U-M Case Study (62KB)
- SUNY-Buffalo Case Study (56KB)
- Green the Capitol Field Study (3.1MB)