Lighting products that have earned the ENERGY STAR deliver exceptional features, while using less energy. Saving energy helps you save money on utility bills and protect the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the fight against climate change. Light fixtures that have earned the ENERGY STAR combine quality and attractive design with the highest levels of energy efficiency available today.
ENERGY STAR Certified Fixtures:
- use 1/4 the energy of traditional lighting.
- save money on energy bills and bulb replacements; light lasts between 10,000 — 50,000 hours (about seven – twenty two years of regular use).
- distribute light more efficiently and evenly than standard fixtures.
- come in hundreds of decorative styles including portable fixtures — such as table, desk and floor lamps — and hard-wired options such as front porch, dining room, kitchen ceiling and under-cabinet, hallway ceiling and wall, bathroom vanity fixtures, and more
- deliver convenient features such as dimming on some indoor models and automatic daylight shut-off and motion sensors on outdoor models.
- can be found at most home centers, lighting showrooms, and specialty stores.
- carry a three year warranty — above the industry standard.
Current Specification Effective Date: April 2012
Light fixtures originally qualified for the ENERGY STAR label in 1997 with the introduction of LED lighting in September 2008.