EPA offers training on a range of energy efficiency topics — from the ins and outs of Portfolio Manager to guidance on improving the energy performance of your buildings and plants. And that’s all with no travel, no lost time out of the office, and no cost. We make it easy to get the information you need, when you need it.
Explore the categories below and be sure to check back often for new resources!
Portfolio Manager 101: Getting started
Learn the basics of EPA’s popular ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager tool, including new features, how to add a new property, and how to enter energy and water data.
- What’s new in Portfolio Manager (PDF)
- Portfolio Manager quick start guide (PDF)
- How to get data into Portfolio Manager (PDF)
- List of Portfolio Manager property types definitions and use details (PDF)
- Portfolio Manager 101 (Live session)
Portfolio Manager 201: Advanced users
Learn about the new sharing and reporting functions, how to enter or update multiple buildings at a time, and how to use Portfolio Manager reports to learn more about your portfolio’s performance.
- Portfolio Manager standard reports (PDF)
- Portfolio Manager custom reporting guide (PDF)
- Full list of Portfolio Manager custom reporting metrics (PDF)
Portfolio Manager 201 (Live session)
Commercial building design
Learn how to incorporate energy efficiency into your new building design or retrofit plans.
- How to use Target Finder (In development)
- ENERGY STAR and green building rating systems (80-minute pre-recorded session)
Learn tips and techniques to engage others to improve energy efficiency.
- Teaming up to save energy (PDF)
- ENERGY STAR energy efficiency competition guide (PDF)
- Eight great strategies to engage tenants on energy efficiency (PDF)
- Top communication strategies to build support for your energy program (60-minute pre-recorded session)
ENERGY STAR recognition
Learn how to apply for and earn ENERGY STAR certification.