Putting Energy into Profits: Small Business Guide
Putting Energy into Profits is a 39-page guide that contains a wealth of useful energy efficiency information for small business owners, including:
- ENERGY STAR qualified bulbs use at least two-thirds less energy and last up to 10 times longer than standard incandescent bulbs.
- Light emitting diode (LED) exit signs use about 5 percent of the energy used by incandescent exit signs and 20 percent of the energy used by compact fluorescent exit signs.
- Installing occupancy sensors can save 20–75 percent of the energy used for lighting.
- Each dirty heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning filter (HVAC) can cost your business up to $5 per month in energy and may shorten the service life of your equipment. Replace your HVAC unit’s filters regularly to save energy and maximize equipment life.
- Energy-efficient office equipment can lower utility bills due to reduced air-conditioning loads, as well as the lower energy cost of the equipment itself.