Follow EPA’s step-by-step process
So, you’ve been hired to design a new building. Click through the steps on the left to ensure your building is designed, constructed, and operated to be a top energy performer.
- Step 1: Assemble a team
- Step 2: Set an energy performance goal
- Step 3: Evaluate your target using ENERGY STAR tools
- Step 4: Design to be energy efficient
- Step 5: Apply for Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR
- Step 6: Market your project as Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR
- Step 7: Commission the building
- Step 8: Complete the ENERGY STAR lifecycle
You can also get an at-a-glance summary by downloading the Energy Design Guidance Checklist.