ENERGY STAR for small business
Whether you own your building or are a tenant, you typically need lighting, heating, air conditioning, power for office equipment, and other services to stay in business. With free, unbiased information and technical support from ENERGY STAR, you can improve your small business’s financial performance by reducing energy waste and energy costs, while protecting the environment.
Join the network
When you join the ENERGY STAR Small Business Network, you’re joining thousands of other small businesses across the country that have committed to improving energy efficiency with ENERGY STAR. These leaders recognize that saving energy is not only good for the environment, it’s good for the bottom line.
As a network participant, you’ll also have access to the ENERGY STAR promotional mark. Recognized by more than 85 percent of the American public, use the ENERGY STAR mark to show your customers and clients that you’re committed to saving energy — and being an environmental leader.
- See who else is in the ENERGY STAR Small Business Network List.
- Join the ENERGY STAR Small Business Network as a network participant.
Get help with saving energy
Through ENERGY STAR, EPA offers tools and resources to help you save energy in your building. No matter what type of building you’re in, you can use ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, EPA’s online energy and water tracking tool, to measure and assess your current energy performance. Then get tips for saving energy or find expert help. And don’t forget to continue measuring your progress in Portfolio Manager, so you can get recognition for your achievements.
- Find technical resources for small businesses to help you improve efficiency, including specific resources for common small business types.
- Get hands-on support through our ask a technical question service.
- Visit our existing buildings section for comprehensive guidance on setting up an energy management program, benchmarking energy performance in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, saving energy, and getting EPA recognition.
Find guidance for common small business types
ENERGY STAR has specific information for several small business types:
- Auto dealers
- Grocery and convenience stores
- Home-based businesses
- Renters and tenants
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Read our small business frequently asked questions for more information and help getting started.