How to design your building to earn the ENERGY STAR
Your new building will be around for a long time … typically between 50 – 100 years. Ensure that it’ll stay competitive tomorrow by designing it to be energy efficient today.
Follow these steps to ensure energy savings are built into your new building, from the ground up.
- Step 1: Include efficiency in your project specs and/or RFP
- Step 2: Meet with your team and set a goal
- Step 3: Apply for Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition
- Step 4: Market your project as Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR
- Step 5: Commission your building
- Step 6: Complete the ENERGY STAR lifecycle