Take a look at Portfolio Manager Technical Reference: ENERGY STAR Score for an overview of the methodology used to develop EPA’s 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR scores. This document provides detailed information on the process used to create the ENERGY STAR scores, including details on score objectives, analytic techniques, and the steps applied to compute a score.
Additional information on specific data analyses completed for each property type is presented in the Portfolio Manager Technical Reference document for each property type below.
ENERGY STAR score details for buildings in the United States
- Data Center
- Hospital (General Medical and Surgical)
- K-12 School
- Medical Office
- Office (covers office, bank branch, financial office, and courthouse)
- Residence Hall/ Dormitory
- Retail Store (covers retail and wholesale club/supercenter)
- Senior Care Community
- Supermarket/Grocery Store
- Swimming Pool
- Warehouse (covers distribution center, non-refrigerated warehouse, and refrigerated warehouse)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Worship Facility