Create your own energy efficiency competition
Time and time again, leading ENERGY STAR partners have found that a spirit of healthy competition and the opportunity for recognition are among the best drivers for participation in organization- or community-wide energy management.
Any organization can run a competition, from trade associations, commercial businesses, and local governments, to school districts and congregations.
- Use our ENERGY STAR benchmarking competition workbook to sort out all the details and logistics for your competition.
- Co-brand with EPA and use ENERGY STAR resources to host your own ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings competition.
- Check out the list of legislation and campaigns leveraging ENERGY STAR for ideas and local competitions to join near you.
- Find lessons learned from tried-and-true competitions:
Join EPA’s ENERGY STAR National Building Competition
If your time and resources are limited, you may want to simply enter one or all of your buildings into EPA’s ENERGY STAR National Building Competition. Started in 2010 as the first-ever coast-to-coast energy-reduction contest among commercial buildings, the ENERGY STAR National Building Competition can draw out the competitive spirit among your employees as you battle it out against other buildings around the country.
Each competition lasts for one year, with applications usually accepted in late spring. Competitors get access to a one-stop shop of promotional materials, like web buttons and banners, template blast emails, event ideas, and more.
- Learn more about EPA’s ENERGY STAR National Building Competition.