Join ENERGY STAR as a partner
Spread the word about your commitment to fight climate change in partnership with the nation’s most trusted symbol of energy efficiency. See below for tools from EPA to help you promote your partnership.
Ideas for promoting your ENERGY STAR partnership
- Issue a press release announcing that you’ve joined ENERGY STAR as a partner.
- Hold an organization-wide employee meeting or student assembly and make a public commitment to save a certain amount of energy by a certain date, with help from EPA’s ENERGY STAR program. Take photos for your newsletter, and also send a photo with caption to the local newspaper.
- Write a letter announcing your commitment and partnership to your mayor, councilmember, Chamber of Commerce, Board of Education, governor, congressperson or senator, or other official representatives for your organization. Encourage them to challenge other organizations like yours to follow your lead.
- Invite local government officials, regional EPA officials, and members of the press to tour your facility and show them what changes you intend to make to save energy.
- Promote your commitment through your organization’s social media channels — post your announcement on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.